Fireball XL5 is the name of an indie-pop show hosted by Frank Seglenieks that for 18 years was on CKMS 100.3 FM Radio Waterloo. However, as a result of a format change in mid-2008, Fireball XL5 is now heard only as a podcast.

Of course I stole the name of the show from the 60s British Supermarionation program, which featured puppets kind of like the movie Team America.

I play alternative music that usually classified as indie-pop with the occasional feature on a particular artist or theme as well as discussions on pop culture topics of the day. I start off each show with the best song that I have heard since the last
show.

Note that the links to shows older than 6 months might not be working, if you really want those shows please send me an email and I can get them to you.

Friday, January 15, 1999

January 15, 1999

Fireball XL5 Setlist - Jan 15/1999

San Fransico Seals - Day 12
Malchiks - Mario
Show Business Giant - I can't get Russel Johnson off my mind
TALK-Theme
The Skatalites - Black Sunday
Hugh Dillon & Swamp Baby - Edmonton Block Heater
Elad's Guitar Army - Absolute Truth
Bonaduces - Lectern Made of Seashells
Curiosity Shop - Think of our Tree
TALK (Dave's Set)
The Orb - Perpetual Dawn
Massive Attack - Rising Son
Cocteau Twins - Cherry Coloured Funk
Corky & the Juice Pigs - Pants
TALK
Afghan Wigs - Debonair
Elliot Smith - Waltz #2
Mojave 3 - Some Kinda Angel
Mercury Rev - Tonite it Shows
Dimitri From Paris - Une Very Stylish Fille
Finley Quaye - Your Love Gets Sweeter
TALK
EEK A Mouse - Safari
The Evaporators - Woof Woof I'm a Goof
The Vees - Seven Thirty
Chicago Mass Choir - Soon one morning
Sly & Robbie - Stripped to the Bone
TALK
Grievous Angles - Starting Over at Thirty



No comments:

Post a Comment