Fireball XL5 is the name of an indie-pop show hosted by Frank Seglenieks that for 18 years was on CKMS 100.3 FM Radio Waterloo. However, as a result of a format change in mid-2008, Fireball XL5 is now heard only as a podcast.

Of course I stole the name of the show from the 60s British Supermarionation program, which featured puppets kind of like the movie Team America.

I play alternative music that usually classified as indie-pop with the occasional feature on a particular artist or theme as well as discussions on pop culture topics of the day. I start off each show with the best song that I have heard since the last
show.

Note that the links to shows older than 6 months might not be working, if you really want those shows please send me an email and I can get them to you.

Friday, February 19, 1999

February 19, 1999

Michelle only took over for one set this week, so I got to play my set of
bands releasing albums this year and my final gasp of 1998 best of, all
albums Michelle and I have acquired since the Jan 1 show.

And of course a few songs about the Clemens trade and the start of spring
training.

Fireball XL5 - Feb 19/1999

Load - Suckity II
Monarch Brothers - Rocket
The Bookmen - Hugging at my Pillow
TALK-Theme
Moody - I wouldn't trade you for the world
David Sinclair - Farruca
The Pop Narcotic - Pollen on a thorn
Bran Van 3000 - Rainshine
TALK (Michelle's girl set)
Liz Phair - Girl's Room
Jale - All Ready
Cub - New York City
Ani Difranco - Virtue
Blondie - Maria
Hole - Garbage (request)
TALK
Dave Matthews Band - Crash into me
Massive Attack - Intertia Creeps
Tobinsprout - Digging up wooden teeth
Thrush Hermit - Western Dreamz
Bob the Singing Bass Player - Supermarket Girl
TALK
Ron Sexsmith - Word we never use (Spring) Note 1
Billy Bragg - Jeane (Sept)
Magnetic Fields - You me and the Moon (Summer)
Sebadoh - Ocean (February)
Wilco - Outtasite (outtamind) (Fall)
Luna - Were both confused (Summer)
TALK
Belle and Sebastian - Chickfactor Note 2
Beck - Cancelled Check
Jonathan Richman - I Can hear her fighting with herself
TALK
Dimitri from Paris - Nothing to Lose

Note 1: Bands who should be releasing albums this year (release date in
brackets)

Note 2: The final gasp of 1998



No comments:

Post a Comment