Fireball XL5 is the name of an indie-pop show hosted by Frank Seglenieks that for 18 years was on CKMS 100.3 FM Radio Waterloo. However, as a result of a format change in mid-2008, Fireball XL5 is now heard only as a podcast.

Of course I stole the name of the show from the 60s British Supermarionation program, which featured puppets kind of like the movie Team America.

I play alternative music that usually classified as indie-pop with the occasional feature on a particular artist or theme as well as discussions on pop culture topics of the day. I start off each show with the best song that I have heard since the last
show.

Note that the links to shows older than 6 months might not be working, if you really want those shows please send me an email and I can get them to you.

Friday, April 7, 2000

April 7, 2000

Fireball XL5 Setlist April 7, 2000

TALK-Theme
Clifton Chenier - All Night Long
BooZoo Chavis - Zydeco HeeHaw
Deja Voodoo - Too Cool to Live Too Smart to Die
Whole Lotta Milka - Good Time Charlie
Akuma - Here Comes the Rain Again
TALK
Beastie Boys - Fight for your right to party
Seven Year Itch - Stranger
Strong Like Tractor - Mean
The Wedding Present - Swimming Pools, Movie Stars
Sugar - Gee Angel
Yo La Tengo - Little Honda
TALK
Christopher Just - I'm a Disco Dancer
Afrika Bambaataa & Soulsonic Force - Renegades of Funk
Public Transit Recordings - Polyrhythms
Moby - Bodyrock
Housemartins - Happy Hour
TALK
The Loud Family - Years of wrong impressions
KonKan - Harry Houdini
Rankin Family - Tell My Ma
Razorbacks - It's Saturday Night
The Jam - In the City
B'Ehl - Pink Star
TALK
Colour Me Psycho - Six Foot Jane
Anthrax - Got the Time
The Ramones - KKK Took my Baby Away
SF Seals - Day 12
Scratching Post - Get with the Program
TALK
Modern Lovers - I Wanna Sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment