Fireball XL5 is the name of an indie-pop show hosted by Frank Seglenieks that for 18 years was on CKMS 100.3 FM Radio Waterloo. However, as a result of a format change in mid-2008, Fireball XL5 is now heard only as a podcast.

Of course I stole the name of the show from the 60s British Supermarionation program, which featured puppets kind of like the movie Team America.

I play alternative music that usually classified as indie-pop with the occasional feature on a particular artist or theme as well as discussions on pop culture topics of the day. I start off each show with the best song that I have heard since the last
show.

Note that the links to shows older than 6 months might not be working, if you really want those shows please send me an email and I can get them to you.

Friday, September 11, 1998

September 11, 1998

Well this certainly took a long time, sorry about that.  The big news is
that I changed the time of the show, Fireball XL5 can now be heard Friday
from 6-8 pm. Right now it's kind of a random schedule but hopefully it
will get more regular in a few months (the guy I am switching with has an
erratic work schedule). So remember if you want to ignore the show you
have to ignore it on Friday afternoons.

On this show I was joined by former roomate from a long time back Mr.
David Kreller who even took the time to record a few songs for us to play
on the air.

Also I played a set of music I got off the internet, I was going to
include the places I got them from but I didn't bookmark them and I can't
find them anymore, the only one I remember is www.liveconcerts.com which
is a good site.

I'll post the setlist from the other two times I've been on in the next
couple of days.

Fireball XL-5 Sep 11/1998

John Bottomley - Raggle Taggle
Equinox - Eben? .. Ne Andro Lontana
The Bookmen - Huggin' at my Pillow
TALK-Theme
The Smugglers - What do you want me to do
Equilibrium - Over Again
Nomeansno - You are not one
Big Daddy G - T-Bone Shuffle
Grievous Angles - When Love Came Around
TALK
Magnetic Fields - Hopeless (Dance Remix) **Internet set
The Cure - In Between Days (Live)
Buckwheat Zydeco - Ma 'Tite Fille (Live)
Smashing Pumpkins - 1979 (Live)
Edward Luo - Desperado (live)
TALK
Greg Kellor - Redemption
Mark Perak - Purple
Matt Osborne - Breath
Henry and the Folk - Spaceship Song
Scott Wicken - Clouds
Tatiana - Misguided Angel
Rob Juneau - Nuages
TALK
The Verlains - Heavy 33 (request)
Juliana Hatfield - Bad Day
Bob Mould - First drag of the day
They Might Be Giants - Ana Ng
Liz Phair - Polyester Bride
TALK
David Kreller - Half a World Away
David Kreller - Composting
David Kreller - How Soon is Now
The Smiths - Panic
New Order - Blue Monday 88
Spirit of the West - Save this House
TALK
Elvis Costello & Burt Bacharach - Such Unlikely Lovers
Colour Me Psycho - Untamed World



No comments:

Post a Comment