Fireball XL5 is the name of an indie-pop show hosted by Frank Seglenieks that for 18 years was on CKMS 100.3 FM Radio Waterloo. However, as a result of a format change in mid-2008, Fireball XL5 is now heard only as a podcast.

Of course I stole the name of the show from the 60s British Supermarionation program, which featured puppets kind of like the movie Team America.

I play alternative music that usually classified as indie-pop with the occasional feature on a particular artist or theme as well as discussions on pop culture topics of the day. I start off each show with the best song that I have heard since the last
show.

Note that the links to shows older than 6 months might not be working, if you really want those shows please send me an email and I can get them to you.

Friday, March 17, 2006

March 17, 2006

Theme: Short songs and a bit o' green
On Air: Frank


As my top song this week was only one minute and 3 seconds long, I decided to play an entire set of short songs, this resulted in 14 songs in 24 minutes, perhaps the most I have every played in a row without talking. I had to follow this fast set with a mellow one to recuperate. The show also featured the return of Digital Vinyl, because of some rearranging of my office at home it has been difficult for the past few months to do it, but now that I have a new laptop I am back in the digitizing business.

TALK-Theme
The Pipettes - It Hurst Me To See You Dance So Well -1:03-
Air Miami - You Sweet Little Heartbreaker -1:48-
Electric 6 - Nuclear War On The Dance Floor -1:16-
Swearing at Motorists - Slave To The Kettle -1:48-
Pink Mountaintops - New Drug Queens -1:47-
Young And Sexy - The Night Wears A Sombrero (C) -1:58-
Pipas - Wells Street -1:53-
Adventures in Stereo - Down In The Traffic -1:28-
Le Mans - Astronauts A.S. -1:27-
DD/MM/YYYY - So Cold (C) -1:02-
The Gruesomes - Wish You Were Her (C) -1:34-
Les Sequelles - La Machine (C) -1:50-
Les Breastfeeders - Mini Jupe Et Watusi (C) -1:57-
Deja Voodoo - Bound For Glory (C) -1:16-

TALK
Finnigan's Tongue - Abilgail Becker (C)
Honest Johns - Hollywood Affair
Sondre Lerche - Minor Details
Ben & Nathan - Geeky But Hot (C)
Jens Lekman - Cold Sweedish Winter
TALK
The Concretes - Choosen One
Essex Green - Don't Know Why You Stay
Acid House Kings - That's Because You Drive Me
I Love You But I Have Chosen Darkness - The Ghost
Math and Physics Club - You're So Good To Me
TALK
Magneta Lane - Wild Gardens (C)
Ashley MacIssac - Bitch (C)
Editors - All Sparks
Interpol - Slow Hands
MC 900 Ft Jesus - If I Only Had A Brain
TALK
Dik Van Dykes - Curling (C)
Supreme Bagg Team - 20th Century Dog Faced Boy (C)
Robocop Kraus - I Picture You
Hot Chip - The Beach Party
The Smitherines - Only A Memory
TALK
The Pogues - London Girl


(C) Denotes Canadian Content

No comments:

Post a Comment